Saturday, November 8, 2008

Voice from the Heart






I'm just your simple average girl
I never claimed to be more
I don't have the perfect figure
Nor do I have a gorgeous face
I'm not young or innocent
I've lived my life almost halfway
So my head is not full of airIt is filled with wisdom
Gained from experiences
I am mostly quiet
But when I speak
I choose my words carefully
I am not perfect
Neither are you
Yet here I am
Always ready to listen
I'm never far
When you need me
Maybe im asking too much for you to care and love me
I have been around
Our laughs and talks, our passionate moments
All I want is to make you happy
Everyday Im hoping for you to think of me
Maybe a message or a call?
I don't often get those but when I do,
My heart beats fast, the adrenalin, the thrills
But you need to remember
You never promised me anything
But I stuck around When no one else was there
You always tell me that I have a choice
That I can walk away anytime
Perhaps I should
Before I completely lose myself
Out of giving too much to you
After all
You don't need me anymore
You probably won't even notice
That I'm gone

No comments: