Thursday, November 20, 2008

Come on in...



Sometimes you can do nothing but stare right back at the person. A blank stare. A confused stare with an empty mind and an emotionless heart.

You do not know what to do with him.

You are concerned. You care. You understand. But you do not love.

He claims I am everything he wanted in a person—in a wife. Ambitious, decent, spontaneous, funny, romantic etc. but there is only one flaw… I am not in love with him. Notice, I said in-love, because I know that I have love for him but being in love with someone and loving them is different.

I do not have answers to his questions. I cannot respond to his flirty comments. How am I supposed to make him understand that my heart does not skip a beat when I see him… that his touch does not make me melt inside?

How should I deal with the fact that he looks up to me? That he associates me with everything that is beautiful and pretty in this world…. That he loves me?

Am I guilty? Sympathetic? Concerned? Or just plain sensitive?

I wish I could do more. I can’t. It doesn’t feel right


"I can hear your heart crying out for me….
(And it keeps on saying) Come on in, come on in…and save me."

No comments: